Thursday, July 5, 2007

HusTLer.....


I can't help but giggle when i remember how my entrepreneur skills were
honed at a very tender age...Here i go again down memory lane,I changed schools from a Day Scholar to a Boarder to a school somewhere along the Slopes of Mt.Kenya,That meant i had to acquire new survival skills calculating the distance between myself and my folks,and having been used to having everything i needed on a Silver Platter, for REAL the tables had turned...The school was composed of both Day scholars and Boarders like myself,which created the perfect scenario for entrepreneurship.I would send the day scholars Packets of sweets and cartons of biscuits.The packet of sweets would cost me ksh.40/= the packet contained 100 sweets,I sold each sweet at Kshs.1/=, The Carton of Biscuits would cost me Kshs.150/= and it contained 300 pieces of biscuits, I sold 1 piece of biscuit at Kshs.1/=,Am sure by now you have already done your math and seen how much profit i was CLOCKING,By around 9pm just after night prep the demand of biscuits and sweets would be high,Being the solo seller of this elusive commodities the price would be hiked to Kshs.2/= each for both products.I was happy with my huge turnover..In the business world it's normal to have bad and good days,so on this particular day,my goods were impounded by the teacher on duty,i had to think fast as tough questions were thrown my way."Why do U have 3 Cartons of Biscuits and 2 Packets of sweets?"the teacher barked...."are U one of those culprits who sell Biscuits and sweets?"NO Sir"i replied.."Sir it's my Birthday and my folks sent me this goodies sothat i can celebrate life with the rest of my classmates"i answered trying to pull an innocent face..Teacher"Why are U cheating me?"he barked again..."Sir Can i show U the Birthday card my folks sent me? "Teacher"Okay i believe U now go and share with your classmates and am i welcome for the Birthday Party?" "Sure Sir U are most welcome" i answered..In my head i was just calculating the loss I was about to incur, As a wise entrepreneur i shared out 1 carton of biscuits and a packet of sweets and the remaining Cartons of Biscuits and packet of sweets were sold at Kshs.2.50/= so as to recover my loss.I guess i should link up with DONALD TRUMP(jst a thought)m sure U also concur... Nwy that's how my hustler skills were honed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

by any chance ur headmaster was not a mr muruthi?
was in a school same region n I so took part in that bizna.
kairitu

W. said...

nice one man...entrepreur for sure.